Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Joy School - Preschool

I know a lot of you already have your children in the Marana Preschool, but this might be worth looking into for next semester as well.

For those of you who are interested in something for your kids now, I am looking for some more kids to join our joy school group starting September 2nd, or so. It is for 3 and 4 year olds, the kids we have so far were born the end of 2004 and beginning of 2005. But the website does say an age variety can be a good thing sometimes (just over 3 and not old enough for kindergarden)

This link says it all http://www.valuesparenting.com/joyschool/

I hear it is best to have 4-6 kids in the group and we have about 3 dedicated to join so far.

With Joy School, each Mom takes turns teaching in her home (weekly or monthly basis). The lessons are prepared already and are based on learning the "JOY" of things in life. Not just ABC's or 123's. It is Christian based, not just LDS. (anyone have neighbors that may be interested?)

There is a fee. The one time fee of $50 is to become a member of the website (has other benefits as well, if I am not mistaken). And then there is a $70 fee for each semester. Tracy Gates has done this before and she said that since 2005 they have made it so that you only have to pay for each semester once per family. So, instead of $140 a year (two yrs total) for Wesly, Travis, and Nathan. I can pay the money for Wesly and when I do this for my younger boys, they will be free. (can't beat free!)

We need to have some Mom meetings before hand and it starts in September, let me know if you are interested! call me, or email me at ckcarbon at msn dot com.

Thanks! Kati

No comments: