Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Is Couponing Really Worth It?

Sometimes I ask myself if the time and effort I spend trying to save money is really worth it. Today I think it was.


Let me share with you what I was able to get this morning paying only $ 6.03 out of my personal pocket! You read it right SIX dollars and THREE Cents! Ready for the list of what I got. Plus I returned home with $22 in Register Rewards from Walgreens and $4 more Extra Care Dollars to spend at CVS on my next visit.

Here were my stops!



I bought 2 Herbal Essence Hydralicious Sham or Cond $2.88
Get $1.00 ECB
Use $3.00/2 Herbal Essence 2/8/PG
=.38¢ each after coupon and ECB

I picked up 1 Crest Pro Health Toothpaste (4.2oz) at $2.99
Get $2.00 ECB
Limit one
Use $1.00 Crest ProHealth 2/8/P&G
=$.01 overage

I used the coupons and a $4 in CVS Extra Care Bucks that I received on a previous visit. My total came to $1.13 and that included the tax! Plus she handed me $2 ECB for the toothpaste and $2 ECBs for the Shampoo and Conditioner. So I have an additional $4 off my next purchase!



Today is the last day for Safeway's $5 off a purchase of 5 Cereal Sale. That brought the Life cereal to .99 and the Quaker Oatmeal Squares to 1.49 and that was without coupons.

Gratefully I had coupons! Safeway double coupons up to $1 off everyday. Thanks, Safeway!

Quaker Life Cereal, andy boxes $1 off 2 boxes and Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal, any 16 oz or larger .50 off 1 box (both expire 3-31-09) and both can be found in Red Plum2 that came in my 1/4 Sunday paper.

I separated my orders into 2 transactions. I bought 2 Life and 3 Oatmeal Squares per order. My total after coupons for 10 boxes of cereal was $4.90!



And then, we hit Walgreens! I love Walgreens! I really love Walgreens! They basically pay me to shop there. I'm not joking! With their great rebates and amazing deals plus with great coupons, I save so much money at this store! Plus they just announced they are bringing one to my neighborhood soon! I think they love me back!!

Last month I received $51 in rebates placed on my giftcard! When you monthly tell them to place your rebates on your gift card, they even give you more money back! I love it!

So, today here is what I was able to get from Walgreens with nothing paid out of my pocket!!!

I brought home 4 boxes of Kotex 18 ct tampons, 3 jumbo packs of Huggies diapers, 1 jumbo pack Huggies Pull-ups (we're getting close to potty training), 2 Glade Sented Oil Lasting Impressions air fresheners (regular price each is @ $10), 2 Glade Sense and Spray Motion-Activated Air Fresheners (regular price each is @ $10), 2 containers of Lysol Wipes, and 1 4 oz (large size) Right Guard Xtreme Gel Deodorant.

Using my rebate money on my gift card and some amazing coupons, I used $50.31 from my giftcard ($7.37 was tax). Plus, they handed me $22 back in Register Rewards to use in their store before 3/24th! Click here to see all the Walgreens deals using coupons this week.

I couldn't use the $5 off diaper coupons.com coupons because they only go up to size 2 for that type of diaper. But I ran my coupons over to a neighbor who just had a baby. She's going to be able to purchase 3 packs of the newborn diapers for $15 and Walgreens is going to hand her a $10 off her next purchase coupon that she can use on her next visit.

Is Couponing Really Worth It? Today I decided that sometimes it truly pays to be coupon savvy!

To visit Savvy Savings Tucson, click here!

No comments: