Friday, July 16, 2010

Rosette Tutorial


I love tutorials. -and I love cute accesories. So I did some research and this is what I came up with.

I purchased the smallest amount of fabric at the frabic store (4inches).
Rip the fabric in 1 inch strips. (the other side of this was cut, so run you fingers up and down it to fray it up)
Fold it in half and knot it.
While twisting the two ends, use a glue gun to glue it in place. (try to glue towards the bottom/back of rossette, so your glue wont show)
keep twisting and glueing until you have your desired shape.

you can glue felt to the back and place a pin for a shirt or jacket, or you can glue it to a head band.

(I have also seen them on necklaces too)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

jenny said...

love this! i am definitely going to have to try them out. have you tried hand-stitching the fabric together or do you think the glue gun works best?

Cherise said...

I plan on sewing some onto a few shirts. I think it is easiest to use minimal glue (to hold it in place. Then stitch it on.