Monday, October 12, 2009

October fun all by Gladden Farms

I was a little unorganized, and decided to figure out my calendar for the rest of the month. I thought maybe someone else out there might want the info as well.

This Saturday Oct 17th, if you live in Gladden Farms, the Gladden Farms HOA is putting on the Country Fair:
Our GFCA lifestyle website says:
Come down and join us for our expanded Country Fair!
This year we will have on site grilling, a Sonoran Hot Dog cart, increased concessions, activities including a watermelon eating contest, a three-legged race, a water balloon toss and an egg in spoon race, a petting zoo, a pony ride ring and some actual carnival rides as well!

This year all concessions will be on a ticket per serving basis and all rides (including carnival rides) will be accessed with an unlimited use wristband. Wristbands are available for $5 a piece and tickets are $1 or 6 for $5 and are available o the day of the event at the ticket booths.

(and because I know your kids want to wear costumes all day long on Saturday the 31st!):

On the 31st at 11am they will have pumpkin painting and bags for collecting candies at different booths w/ little games and a maybe a bounce house, etc... bring a lawn chair and some candy to hand out for the trick or treat parade I think they are doing. I am not sure on all of those details, but it is by the HOA house, not at the park.

(Another little plug for GF community: The 22nd at 7pm at Estes Elementary is the Annual Meeting for GF homeowners. I saw that 6-7 was a social mixer w/ appetizers, and there will be a door prize raffle.)

Two days later on the 24th is the Fall Harvest Festival at Heritage Park. This is for ANYONE! not just Gladden Farms Residents!! From 9am - 2pm. (I thought the town website would have more on this, I will link you to it later today if the Town returns my call or posts about it themselves)
It is the 234th annversary of Jaun Bautista de Anza's journey through Marana. (sounded kind of dry to me...but it looks like they have a fun day planned!!)
There is a pie and cookie contest (get out your family's secret recipe!) and fresh food for sale from the Farmer's Market. They will also have booths for kids, entertainment, the train and a peddle tractor too!
Does this all make sense? I hope it helps someone fill out their calendar like it helped me!

No comments: