Tuesday, October 12, 2010

How to get your clothes to REALLY smell good.

Disclaimer: **so this is one of those take it or leave it posts. This may not be the accurate or appropriate way to do this... but give it a try for yourself. -NOT for WHITES!!

My mom taught me this and ever since, I get compliments on the smell of my clothes or kids clothes. Odd? -but there you have it.

This is the secret:

Wait till the final rinse cycle to add your fabric softner. My recommendation is Downey. As the wash is filling with water for the rinse cycle add it. The load will rinse and spin.

(normally my washer releases the fabric softner in the wash cycle and then drains it. Which wastes it.)

When I begin my load of wash I set a timer for 25min. (this is about when my rinse cycle starts)

Try it... It's wonderful for sheets!

2 comments:

Joseph and Tiffany said...

I can't wait to try this for our towels! Thanks for the tip!

NewBini said...

For what it's worth...I also have diluted Downey 1/2 & 1/2 with vinegar. The vinegar helps to actually get rid of the smells and the Downey makes them smell good.